Recipe by Nana Lee
Instead of making another apple pie, try this simple and sweet peach version instead. This seemed like a really quick and tasty way to make a peach pie!
- 1 (26 ounce) jardel monte orchard select sliced yellow cling peaches
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Drain fruit reserving 1 cup syrup.
- Dissolve cornstarch in fruit syrup in saucepan on your stovetop.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar, to taste.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent. Stir in fruit.
- Prepare piecrusts.
- Place bottom crust in pie plate and spoon in fruit mixture.
- Place top crust over fruit; seal and flute edges.
- Make slits in top crust for venting.
- Bake on lower oven rack, 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.