Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been known to double the sauce mixture and still use 4 pieces of fish. I guess it depends how large the fish is.
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine and marinate fish in orange juice, green onions, teriyaki sauce and ginger in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place mixture into large pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until fish is cooked.
- Remove fish from sauce and place on serving plate, keep warm.
- Blend cornflour and water and mix into sauce mixture.
- Stir constantly until boils and thickens.
- Pour over fish.
completely different to anything I have made before! I decided to try this, and I wasnt going to rate it if we didnt like it. Had everything ready and didnt have an orange :( so I used 2 manderins instead. Cooked this last night, and Dh and I both tasted the sauce and were very surprised by how wonderful it was :) reheated for dinner today, and served with a spinach salad. definately Dinner-party worthy :)
Lovely flavours in this fish meal and so easy to put together. I used tarakihi fillets, particularly liked the ginger. Thanks for sharing.
We loved this. Wonderful flavor. I marinated the fish for about 5 hours and served it with Baked Rice and Lentils #12765 and Carrot Pancakes #34191. Great dinner. Thanks for such a healthy tasty meal!