Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe but it is a nice light dessert to finish off a hearty meal.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (40 g) packet orange jelly powder (orange jelly crystals)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- oranges (to garnish) or lemon, segments (to garnish)
- Dissolve jelly in hot water and cool to room temperature, stir in orange juice and then yoghurt until smooth.
- Refrigerate until mixture begins to set.
- Remove from fridge & whip until mixture is foamy.
- Beat cream, until fluffy and fold into mixture.
- Spoon into serving glasses & refrigerate until mixture is set, garnish with orange or lemon segments & somw whipped cream.
I'm giving this recipe 5 stars because I was able to trim the fat way down and it kept it's indulgent taste. I made i recipe serving and that made 2 very nice sozed molds. I used 1 pakg (10 g's) of diet Jello, fat free and very low sugar vanilla yogurt and juust added 2 TB's of fat free evaporated milk to the mix in place of the whipped cream. It set up beautifully, tasted dreamy and was quite pretty as well. Made for Photo Tag
Dh really liked the flavor of this but for our personal tastes it just wasn't thick enough so we added and entire tub of Cool Whip instead of the 1/2 cup of cream. I also added a can of mandarian oranges. Thanks for a great breakfast this morning and dessert tonight.