Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a library cookbook.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour with brown sugar, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously grease 12 muffin cups or line with papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining 2 cups flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together orange juice, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture.
- Blend with a wooden spoon until a moist, lumpy batter is formed.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle on streusel mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes then transfer to the rack to completely cool.