Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A visual delight to add to your table. This squash dish always gets compliments every time I serve it. It's a good way to serve squash to children because they think you're giving them dessert with dinner.
- Wash squash; cut in half crosswise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add hot water to dish to depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- Scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving 1/4 inch-thick shell.
- Mash pulp.
- Add orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, and allspice; stir well.
- Cut a thin slice off bottom of each squash shell so it will sit flat.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray; return squash shells to dish.
- Spoon squash mixture evenly into shells.
- Combine corn flake crumbs, pecans, and margarine.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over squash.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.