Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This twist on the familiar ice cream sundae makes a fun snack. Be sure to include the kids in the measuring and stirring. This recipe comes from Relish Mag
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold orange juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- mint sprig (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold orange juice in bowl; let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir. Heat remaining juice until almost boiling; stir in 3 tablespoons sugar. Add to gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour gelatin mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- Cut firm gelatin into cubes. Place a layer of cubes in each of 4 serving glasses. Add a layer of strawberries and bananas, another layer of cubes, and a final layer of strawberries and bananas. Top each glass with 1 tablespoon yogurt and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.