Recipe by east coast nellie
A heart healthy recipe. Great for those watching thier carb or fat intake, or those who just want to eat healthier! Just a bit different from the other snapper recipes that I thought it was worth posting. Adapted from The Healthy Heart Cookbook. P.S. I think what was missing when I first posted this recipe is SALT...it was probably initially omitted due to sodium restricted diets in The Healthy Heart Cookbook. I would add this in (to taste)! And some fresh parsley as well! Also, make sure that you are using concentrate or the orange flavor will not be very pronounced. Hope this helps!
- 6 (4 ounce) red snapper fillets (1/2-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange fillets in a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine water and remaining ingredients; pour over fillets.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork when tested.
- Carefully transfer fillets to serving platter and garnish with orange wedges if desired.