Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegetarian Times July 2002.
- 1 lb fresh chinese lo mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or more)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bok choy, rinsed, ends thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, as garnish
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 large orange, juice of
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bring pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat and when at a rolling boil, add fresh noodles.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, drain in colander and rinse well under cold water.
- Set aside to continue draining.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat and stir-fry garlic and ginger until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add tofu, adding more oil as necessary, and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it turns golden. Remove from wok.
- Add scallions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy, adding more oil if necessary, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until tender; add watercress and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return garlic, ginger and tofu to wok and stir-fry 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
- Place noodles in large serving bowl and toss with half of dressing.
- Add tofu and vegetables and toss with remaining dressing. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Delicious! Easy to make, great combination of flavors.