Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gather all the ingredients before you heat the oil and you will be done before you know it! Serve over rice and test your chopstick skills!You may use leftover turkey instead of chicken.
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb bok choy, stalks and leaves cut in half lengthwise,then in pieces crosswise,leaves and stalks separated
- 2 small bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Toast the sesame seeds in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Set aside.
- Put chicken and cornstarch in ziptop bag.
- Seal; shake to coat.
- Heat 2 tsp.
- oil in same skillet.
- Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes until opaque in center.
- Remove to serving plate.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet.
- Add bok choy stalks and peppers.
- Stir fry 5 minutes until almost crisp-tender.
- Add bok choy leaves; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Stir into skillet.
- Add chicken; stir until simmering.
- Place on serving plate; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serves 4.
The taste of this was excellent. Very colourful and I especially liked the crunch of the sesame seeds. The only change I would make would be to add a bit more cornstarch at the end, or cut the water. I found it was very watery after I'd added the orange juice, water and stir fry sauce and had to boil for a bit with some extra cornstarch to get it down to a thick sauce.