1/5 Photos of Orange-Sauced Broccoli and Peppers
This makes a beautiful side dish to serve with pork or chicken. I use a combination of yellow and red bell peppers for a wonderful color combination. The recipe is from The Diabetic Cookbook with some minor changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions, sliced in 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1Place the broccoli and bell peppers in a steamer basket.
- 2Place over 1 to 2 inches of boiling water, cover and steam for 6 to 8 minutes or just until crisp tender.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt the butter, add green onions and garlic.
- 4Cook until onion is tender.
- 5Stir in cornstarch, orange juice and mustard.
- 6Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes more.
- 7Place steamed broccoli in a serving bowl, pour sauce over and toss gently to coat.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Sauced Broccoli and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 45.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g