Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in my local market and substituted the Orange Roughy with Tilapia. Excellent choice! I serve this with steamed asparagus over a bed of steamed spinach.
- 1 lb orange roughy fillet (or another mild fish like Tilapia)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- parmesan cheese
- Combine butter and basil in a small bowl.
- Place fillets on a lightly greased broiler pan.
- Spread fish with half of the basil butter mixture.
- Broil 5- 8 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Spread with remaining basil butter.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fillets.
- Top with sprinkle of Parmasean cheese.
- Broil another 4- 5 minutes or until fish is close to the point of flakiness.
I used some basil butter I had made with basil from the garden, and frozen. This dish turned out very nice - simple but elegant, and quick to make! Thanks for sharing!
So easy and my husband went on and on and on about how great it was. I left off the cheese even and it was just fantastic
I made this recipe to the letter and liked it a lot. I don't like to try and 'healthy up' other people's recipes so unless I really hate a particular ingredient I'll follow it to the letter.