Recipe by CIndytc
A salad that is fancy enough to serve for a special occasion or the holidays.
Top Review by gailanng
Peeped through your recipes and just had to make this one. One little change, though. I bought a can of oranges, but wanted to use up some leftover pineapple from another recipe, so I subbed those. This made the prettiest summer salad that I've ever seen and most certainly will make again, but back to the peeping thing. I was wondering if that makes me a Peeping GailAnn?
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine romaine, kiwi, orange sections and sliced onion. Set aside. In small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and marmalade. Mix well. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing. Sprinkle top with pecans and blue cheese.