Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
ZWT7, Italy. Crisp romaine/cos lettuce and sweet orange slices are tossed with a light honey vinaigrette. 5 Stars on http://allrecipes.com.au
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (not halal)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large cos lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated very small (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
- In a small container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, salt, pepper and spring onion, (& orange juice, orange rind if using). Close the lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Place the cos lettuce into a large serving bowl. Drizzle over vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add orange slices (& dried cranberries if using) and toss gently. Garnish with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
Delicious! I used the optional orange juice & zest in the dressing & the dried cranberries in the salad. The salad was colorful & tasted so good. I added the recipe to my short list for Thanksgiving planning. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Very enjoyable fresh and summery salad, especially loved the addition of oranges. I served this for a BBQ party and it was the perfect size for our party of 8. I have quite a bit of dressing leftover for another tasty salad tonight.
Great salad! I used all of the optional ingredients and wouldn't change a thing. It is light and refreshing and has ingredients that are available year round. A complete winner! Thanks for posting.
Made for Food.Commandos ~ ZWT 7