Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT7, Italy. Crisp romaine/cos lettuce and sweet orange slices are tossed with a light honey vinaigrette. 5 Stars on http://allrecipes.com.au
Top Review by Susie D
Delicious! I used the optional orange juice & zest in the dressing & the dried cranberries in the salad. The salad was colorful & tasted so good. I added the recipe to my short list for Thanksgiving planning. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (not halal)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large cos lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated very small (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, salt, pepper and spring onion, (& orange juice, orange rind if using). Close the lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Place the cos lettuce into a large serving bowl. Drizzle over vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add orange slices (& dried cranberries if using) and toss gently. Garnish with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.