Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Orange Pork and Roasted Beet Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium beets, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2⁄3 head red-leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Wrap the beets in foil and roast until fork-tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Using your fingers, peel the beets under running water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil; season with salt and pepper. Place the pork chops and half of the orange vinaigrette in a resealable plastic bag and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and grill, turning once, until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Let rest slightly, remove the bones and thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, halve the beets lengthwise, then slice crosswise 1/4 inch thick. In a medium bowl, toss the beets with half of the remaining vinaigrette. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the pork and beets. Sprinkle with the almonds.