1/1 Photo of Orange-Poppy Tea Bread
1 hr 25 mins
I am a big fan of tea breads (or quick breads) and this one has a nice, citrussy quality that is a real treat. This bread does need to sit overnight in order for the flavors to blend; however, I have not included that in the preparation time, so plan accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, beat sour cream, sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, poppy seeds, orange rind, and orange juice until well mixed.
- 3Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat at low speed, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until combined.
- 4Spoon batter into greased loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 5 minutes, then remove bread from pan and cool completely. Wrap and plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- 5To serve, place tea bread on serving plate and cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Poppy Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2958.9
- Calories from Fat 1378
- Total Fat 153.1 g
- Saturated Fat 88.6 g
- Cholesterol 735.6 mg
- Sodium 3930.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 356.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 160.9 g
- Protein 46.0 g