Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
Simply mixed roasted vegetables with a dressing
- 1 lb new potato, halved
- 6 parsnips, peeled and quartered lenghtwise
- 1 lb orange sweet potatoes, chunked
- 11 ounces baby carrots, see note
- 6 pickling onions, halved
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 6 1⁄2 ounces brie cheese, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Note: Pickling onions: you can also use pearl onions but use more to taste. Baby carrots: include stalks if possible.
- Preheat oven to moderately hot about 400°F Place all vegetables and oil in large baking dish. NOTE if using clay pot omit the oil and dampen the vegetables instead. Adjust temp accordingly. If using oil, toss to coat. Bake for 50 minutes or until tender and crisp, toss ever 15 minutes. Again if using clay pot adjust time and need to toss.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Whisk dressing ingredients.
- Pour over warm vegetables and toss to coat. Transfer to bowl then top with cheese. Serve immediately while warm.