1/1 Photo of Orange-Poppy Seed Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
We discovered this recipe at a baby shower years ago. It is a favorite at the holidays and anytime. You can make it in a Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans, one to keep and one to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/8 cups oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1Mix all bread ingredients in large bowl for 2 minutes at high speed of electric mixer.
- 2Pour into greased and floured pans (either Bundt or 2 loaf) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. LEAVE IN PAN!
- 3Mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- 4While bread is still hot, poke holes all over in bread with skewer or other implement.
- 5Pour glaze over hot bread. Let sit until hardened.
- 6This sets up with a hard, crunchy sugar glaze on the outside.
- 7Can use lemon as well, if preferred.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Poppy Seed Bread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g