Delicious on buttered toast, cream cheese and bagles. Not overly sweet.
Make and share this Orange-Pineapple Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the oranges.
- Put the peels in a small sauce pan. Cover with water and simmer for 20-minutes or until the peel can be pierced with a fork. Drain and rinse til cool and chop the peel.
- Remove any extra thick, white pith from the peeled oranges. No need to remove it all. Cut the oranges in half, then quarters.
- Slice out the white, center membrane strip and discard.
- Puree the peeled oranges in a food processor.
- Into a heavy saucepan, measure 2-cups orange puree, 1-cup chopped peel, 2-cups undrained, crushed pineapple, and the water or wine.
- Gradually stir in the dry pectin.
- Bring to a boil, add butter, and boil for one minute.
- Add the sugar. Bring back to a boil and boil hard for one minute.
- Ladle into seven, half-pint jelly jars, seal and process.
very nice.love the peels.will make again