Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
These sound really yummy to go on any cookie tray :)
- 517.37 g packageduncan hines moist deluxe orange cake mix
- 226.79 g container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease baking sheets.
- Combine cake mix, yogurt, egg, butter, and chopped pecans in a large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets.
- Press a pecan half into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to cooling racks and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container. Makes 4 1/2 - 5 dozen cookies.
Pretty much made these according to the recipe, but did add almost 2 teaspoons of minced orange zest to the batter! Love the combo of the orange flavor & the nuts! A great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]