Spice Gem Cookies, Old Time Recipe
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add egg and apple sauce to butter mixture and beat well.
- Add flour til smooth.
- Stir in baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add raisins to mixture and drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350C until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a passion for cooking simple, great tasting, nutritious and delicious food. I don't have time for anything that isn't fool-proof, I'm just a home cook that wants to make the most out of my weekly grocery budget in interesting yet quick ways! My recipes are not complex, but they are very tasty, tried and true! I'm a firm believer that not EVERYTHING has to be made from scratch for good tasting, satisfying food. You could call me the Queen of Semi-Homeade Food! I grew up in Canada but have lived in Australia for 7 years and my tastes have changed, so has my cooking style...I'm open to new and different flavours.