Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup peach juice or 1⁄2 cup your favorite juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried cranberries
- 1 (28 g) packet instant oatmeal (flavor of choice try a lower sugar for your health)
- Heat juice and cranberries in serving microwavable bowl 30 seconds add packet of desired flavored oatmeal and stir.
- Cook for 30 more seconds. Enjoy!
I replaced instant oatmeal with old fashioned and cooked this on the stove top because we don't use or own a microwave. One half cup of the water was replaced with freshly squeezed orange juice. To drive the point home, the oatmeal was topped with orange-essence dried cranberries and orange zest. Loved it! Thanks! Reviewed for Veg Tag/September.
Quick oats were used when I made this, as I don't buy the packets. A 28g packet is equal to a heaping 1/4 cup of quick oats. Put everything in a sauce pan and cooked until thick about 1 minute. It was very good and probably a little more tart because I'm sure they add sugar to the packets. But I'll make this again just adding a little sugar. Thanks for posting. Made for *New Kids On The Block 2009* game
I am addicted! This stuff is great! Really perks you up and wakes you up! I love it! I made this with orange juice and it was so easy! I like the addition of dried cranberries but it is equally good without! Thanks for a simple and great recipe!