Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simply sensational chicken dish courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- 5 -6 navel oranges
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Squeeze oranges to yield 3 cups of juice.
- In a large skillet, combine juice, vinegar and molasses.
- Boil over high heat, skimming foam occasionally, until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (this should take about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Reserve half the glaze for serving.
- Line a sheet pan or baking dish with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on the foil, season generously with salt and pepper; brush with glaze.
- Bake chicken, brushing with glaze twice, until juices run clear when pierced; approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with reserved glaze.