My adaptation of a light salad dressing from the cookbook, "The New American Diet." I particularly enjoy this on a salad with baby spinach, wild rice or both.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey (if you like sweet, add an extra teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (more to aid emulsification than to add flavor) or 1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard (more to aid emulsification than to add flavor)
- 1 dash garlic powder, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Blend with a wire whisk.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.