Recipe by justcallmetoni
My adaptation of a light salad dressing from the cookbook, "The New American Diet." I particularly enjoy this on a salad with baby spinach, wild rice or both.
Top Review by krista harberson
made this exactly as recommended except that i substituted lime juice for orange. i used it to marinate some chicken breasts that i pan fried. i poked holes in the breasts and kept dousing the breasts with the mix as they cooked. chicken came out moist and very flavorful. my husband says that from now on i'm in charge of cooking the chicken at our house :).
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey (if you like sweet, add an extra teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (more to aid emulsification than to add flavor) or 1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard (more to aid emulsification than to add flavor)
- 1 dash garlic powder, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne, to taste