Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A friend found this on the net and had me cook it. A very good use for Caribou roast.
- 4 lbs caribou roast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup wild currant jelly
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Smear roast with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to 325 and cook covered for 60 minutes.
- Mix the orange juice, lemon juice and allspice and baste every 15 min.
- Mix the butter,sugar, orange juice, jelly and bitters.
- Brush on the roast and cook uncovered another 15-20 min.