Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This is good on cakes,cookies or anything you like.You could use lemons,limes or grapefruit to.I'n not sure how long it takes to make it so I'll have to guess.About 45 min. altogether.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel orange,try to get as much of the peeling without the white part as you can.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add peeling and simmer on low until it is transparent.
- Remove from pan and spread it out on a sprayed foil lined baking pan.
- Bake until peel is very dry.
- Put into a spice grinder and grind to powder.
- Sprinkle on cakes,cookies or anything you like.
- Just put in a small sifter and shake it over the cakes etc.