Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Salsas, Sambals Chutneys and Chowchows. This is good with fish, particularly rich fish like tuna, mackerel or bluefish
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, seeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers, minced (red or green)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- This relish will keep, covered and refrigerated 2-3 days.
I used dried peppers and it was good, but I suspect it would have been wonderful with fresh.