Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great whole grain salad. Sometimes I use a small can of mandarin oranges in place of the whole orange.
- Peel orange, remove white pith and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil over medium heat, cook onions 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Add curry powder, stir while cooking 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn.
- Add broth, quinoa, and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, cranberries, orange, orange peel and 1/4 tsp salt. Carefully stir mixture into quinoa. Cover and let set 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
I am surprised that I am the first to write a review on this delicious recipe. I knew I would like it because I have a similar couscous recipe, but this is far superior because it is so nutritious. We ate the salad at room temperature for dinner last night, and I added some cooked chicken breast to the cold salad for lunch today. It was equally tasty cold...next time, in addition to the chicken I may add some toasted nuts if I have any on hand.