This is a great whole grain salad. Sometimes I use a small can of mandarin oranges in place of the whole orange.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel orange, remove white pith and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Heat oil over medium heat, cook onions 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- 3Add curry powder, stir while cooking 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn.
- 4Add broth, quinoa, and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine carrots, cranberries, orange, orange peel and 1/4 tsp salt. Carefully stir mixture into quinoa. Cover and let set 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g