2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe and thought it perfect for Rosh Hashana, but it's also great for Thanksgiving, or anytime you want some sweet chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Wash the orange well with soap and rinse.
- 3Grate thhe rind from orange (don't include the bitter white part).
- 4Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
- 5Sprinkle it with salt, pepper and half of the grated orange rind.
- 6Place the chicken breast side up on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- 7Roast for 30 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, pare& cut the sweet potatoes into one inch slices, then toss with the olive oil.
- 9Place in single layer in the bottom of the roasting pan, arranging the slices around the chicken.
- 10Continue roasting for another 1 hour and 45 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally and basting the chicken and potatoes frequently, until the chicken juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with fork and the leg moves freely.
- 11During the last 1/2 hour of roasting, combine the chicken broth, cranberry sauce and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- 12Bring to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- 13Peel the white pith from orange, remove the seeds and chop up the flesh.
- 14Stir the remaining rind and chopped orange into the saucepan and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 15Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes before carving it.
- 16Cut the chicken in half lengthwise down the middle.
- 17Spoon the cranberry sauce mixture over chicken and serve with the sweet potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cranberry Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 312.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar