Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really yummy recipe. I love asian noodle recipes and this one is easy and wonderful. I have tried it with sauteed shrimp as a main dish but you could likely also use other seafood or chicken or tofu!
- 340.19 g dried Chinese egg noodles or 340.19 g spaghetti
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 4.92 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml sweet hot chili sauce (nuoc cham ga or mae ploy, a Thai condiment)
- chopped scallion, for garnish (optional)
- In a stockpot over high heat, bring about 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well and place in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss well.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.
- (Can also sit overnight so that noodles absorb dressing) Garnish with chopped scallions, if using.
This was a great noodle dish! I couldn't find my usual Thai version of sweet hot chili sauce, but I found an American version in the hot sauce section of the grocery store that tasted very similar. Definately look for the Thai kind, but if it is unavailable, this will make a suitable substitute. The dressing had a wonderful flavor!
I really liked the orange. I ended up using Udon noodles which sped up the entire process. Great dressing!
Didn't have any orange juice concentrate just left it out, but flavour was still terrific. Used udon noodles and added snow peas and small broccoli florets. Definite keeper.