Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice light main dish or side dish. Recipe courtesy Caprial Pence
- 12 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles or 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sweet hot chili sauce (nuoc cham ga or mae ploy, a Thai condiment)
- chopped scallion, for garnish,optional
- In a stockpot over high heat, bring about 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well and place in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss well.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, if using.
This ended up being way too hot for us. I think that we will try again but double the sauce except for the chili sauce and halve it.
The flavor in these noodles was outrageous. I loved the combination of hot and sweet and tangy. Unfortunately, my husband did not share my view...but he's not posting the review.
This is so good it is scary,me and the little man said we could both eat this everyday,I used chinese chili paste and it was amazingly delicious, if you love spicy and flavorful, this is for you! This may be my very favorite recipe on Zaar so far hmmmmmmm....... Use LOTS of green onion... I really wish I had some of this now.