Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I remember this recipe from the country club that I waitressed at as a teenager. It was so yummy but easy to make, the sweet and tanginess of the sauce with the crunchy, toasted almonds is great for an anytime dish.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml Italian dressing
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml orange juice, I use Simply Orange
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- Marinate the chicken breasts with the Italian dressing overnight.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and toast the almonds until they are golden brown; set aside.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and sautee the chicken breasts until done; remove the chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken broth, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- In the same pan used for sauteeing the chicken, put in the orange sauce mixture and cook until its a thick glaze consistency. Stir in the almonds.
- Add the chicken back to the orange sauce mixture to coat.
Yummy!!! Every picky eater loved it! This was a simple and easy dish to fix (I love that). With a salad and wild rice to round out the meal who could ask for more? We did slice the chicken before placing it on the plate then spooned more sauce over it. Thanks for posting!