1 hr 2 mins
I found this recipe inside the Pillsbury Fall Baking magazine that I found in the checkout line of the grocery store. I wish I could show you the picture from the book!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BARS
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly (or margarine)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (DO NOT USE margarine!)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (up to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
FOR THE DECORATION
- 1/3 cup candy corn (32 candies)
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil 2 inches on 2 opposite sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, beat melted 3/4 cup butter, sugar & orange peel with wooden spoon until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour and baking powder just until mixed. Stir in yellow food color until well mixed. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the yellow batter in the pan. Place pan in freezer about 15 minutes or until batter is slightly firm to the touch.
- 3Meanwhile, add red food color to the remaining cake batter in the bowl until well mixed. Spread over chilled yellow batter.
- 4Bake 47 to 53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 5In meduim bowl, beat 1/2 cup softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar until well blended. Beat in milk, vanilla and salt until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. To serve, remove bars from pan, using foil to lift. Remove foil. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows; cut each square diagonally in half. Top each triangle with 1 candy corn.
- 6TIP: Save a little prep time by using nonstick foil in place of the regular foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- 7ANOTHER TIP: If you want really bright colors, use paste food colors instead of liquid food colors. Just decrease the amount to about half of the liquid food color specified.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Candy Corn Bars
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: