Recipe by Lali
This is kind of like a Fruit Cake with a "Twist". Frost this cake with the Orange Candy Frosting.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces dates, cut into pieces
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 lb orange slice candy, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with gr.
- sugar, add eggs, one at a time.
- Creaming well after each.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk.
- Alternate butter mixture and 3 1/2 C flour.
- Mix remaining 1/2 C flour with dates, candy pieces,& nuts.
- Add to flour mixture with coconut.
- Pour batter into 10 inch tube pan (greased& floured) Bake 250* for 3 hours.
- Frost with Orange Candy Frosting.
- NOTES: This cake may be kept in refrigerator two weeks if wrapped in foil or plastic.