Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
Sweet Potatoes are another food that I just love, although this is not a diabetic recipe by any means, it is good.
Top Review by MISSIB
Although I am not a real big fan of sweet potatoes, I must say these were very tasty. I've never used orange juice before and it add a nice tangy sweetness along with the brown sugar. I like them mashed with the butter and brown sugar and orange juice. Thank you for this great recipe, it is a keeper for sure. On another note, you wil notice I am not great at taking pix that do justice but this shws a pat of butter with brown sugar and the juice poured over it for photo purposes.
- 6 sweet potatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, salt and ½ cup boiling water in saucepan; simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Pour off all but ¼ cup stock; dot with butter.
- Combine orange juice, corn syrup and brown sugar; blend well.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Simmer, basting frequently, for 15 minutes.
- I like smaller sweet potatoes so I actually cut mine in about 1/3's. Of course the ones we find here in our one and only grocery store are usually huge.