Recipe by vegetarianrecipes
This colorful salad has enough nutrients and flavor to act as an entree, but it makes a pretty side dish as well! It is suitable for even a strict vegetarian (vegan) diet. The amount of each ingredient can vary according to your preferences! My recommendations are below:
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach (or lettuce... spinach is more healthy)
- 1 small mandarin orange
- 4 medium strawberries
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown flax seed
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- These directions can be followed to make one big entree salad, or two-three smaller starter/side salads!
- Cover dinner plate(s) with washed baby spinach.
- Peel mandarin orange, separate into natural sections. Cut each section into two pieces.
- Slice washed strawberries into four or more pieces, discarding the green top.
- Distribute the orange and strawberry pieces over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the salad with almond slivers, walnut pieces, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. If you only have whole almonds or walnuts, crush them into smaller pieces using the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle the salad with raspberry vinaigrette to taste.