Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy biscotti recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- bittersweet chocolate (melted) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat sugar, butter, orange peel and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and almonds. Shape half of the dough at a time into 10 x 3 inch rectangles and set onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and place slices, cut sides down, on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and crispy. Cool on wire racks. Optional: top with melted bittersweet chocolate.