Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe from oprah.com! (says created by Art Smith, so that's where the credit goes!)...sounds tasty! This would make a great veggie side dish. (I think you could vary this by adding sweet potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, etc...experiment!)
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large red potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope salad dressing mix, such as Good Seasons
- 2 medium zucchini, scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, unpeeled, cut into 6 wedges
- Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 425°F
- Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet, preferably a 17 X 13-inch half-sheet pan.
- Toss the eggplant and salt together in a colander and let stand for 30 minutes to drain off excess bitter juices. (This is about the time it will take to preheat the oven and begin roasting the potatoes.)
- Rinse the eggplant well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix in a large bowl and toss until the potatoes are coated.
- Spread on the baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Put the eggplant, zucchini and red onion, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix in the bowl and toss until vegetables are coated.
- Add the potatoes, mix as well as you can, and spread them out.
- Roast until the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.