Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serving size is 3 tablespoons dip and 4 chips. This came from Cooking Light magazine. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 16 ounces canned great northern beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small garlic cloves, divided
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2oz)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion top
Garlic Pita Chips
- 6 pita bread (6-inch)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dip: Combine the Great Northern beans, 1/4 cup onion, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 garlic clove in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon white bean mixture into a bowl on one side; set aside.
- Combine the Black Beans, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 garlic clove, chiles, and cumin in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon black bean mixture into other side of bowl containing white bean mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and green onions between 2 bean dips. Serve with Garlic Pita Chips. (Servings 12).
- Garlic Pita Chips: Preheat oven to 425.
- Coat one side of each pita with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut each pita into 8 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 425 for 6 minutes or until golden. (Makes 4 Dozen).