Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light and healthy lunch. Whole wheat english mufiins topped with cottage cheese, feta, fresh spinach, tomatoes, basil and garlic and baked until bubbly. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix cottage cheese, feta, spinach, tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Spread mixture on english muffin.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until bubbly.
This was very good. I doubled the cottage cheese, because 1/2 c seemed like it was still a little dry for my taste. This is a delicious, easy and healthy recipe. Thanks so much! I have leftovers for a nice lunch tomorrow.
Delicious vegetarian low fat lunch. My DH who doesn't care for spinach scarfed it up and asked for more. For me the two halves of the english muffin was a perfect sized lunch. I used a whole grain muffin and only a teaspoon of cottage cheese per half and I made 4 halves, as that was all that was left in the container. I also drizzled a 1/2 teaspoon worth of extra virgin olive oil on each half before adding the mixture. Made for "Veg*n Swap 14 ~ Sept 2009."