Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just ry it, you will be happy.
Make and share this Open-Faced Portabella-Barbecue Melt For One recipe from Food.com.
- 1 portabella mushroom, cap
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 2 -3 ounces ground beef (or pork, lamb, or shredded meat)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Brush the cap with oil, place on an oven rack, and bake for 2 minutes.
- In 1 tablespoon oil, saute the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the meat and sauté until the meat is browned and not showing any more red, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce and season, if necessary.
- Remove the cap from the oven and cover with the meat mixture.
- Cover with the cheese and return to the oven until the cheese melts, about 1 minute or so and serve immediately.
This was absolutely delicious. I used soy crumbles instead of ground beef and added a dash of hot sauce to the barbecue sauce. I would make this again.
Wow - This is my new favorite hamburger. I added a touch of garlic (because I can't seem to cook without it...) and used a low carb pita wrap for the bun. Fantastic!
I maded this for lunch today for just me. It was absolutely delicious. I followed the recipe exactly, but next time I will reduce the 1T oil to l tespoon because it was too much oil. Thanks for fast, east, tasty recipe!