Recipe by kwlabear
After reading a Paul Kirk book on bbq sauces, I came up with this piquant little number. I used hot chinese mustard instead of soy sauce. This cooks for a long, long time, so it's a good recipe to stick in the oven on a lazy Saturday. You could also use a crock pot.
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 10 lbs pork ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan and simmer on low for 2 hours.
- Place rack of ribs in oven set on 325. Sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning. Let cook 2 hours, then baste ribs with sauce. You can go as thick or thin as you like.
- After 2 hours, turn ribs over and baste other side thickly.
- Let cook a total of 6 hours. Continue basting as desired.