Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For added cheese flavor substitute Frenche's Cheddar French Fried Onions for the original flavor.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 1/2-8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup diced red and green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- red bell pepper (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine corn, sour cream, corn muffin mix, bell peppers, butter, egg and 2/3 cup french fried onions.
- Pour mixture into greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.
- Top with cheese and remaining onions; bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Garnish with bell pepper and parsley; if desired.
i made this with a 4 ounce can green chiles, instead of the bell pepper, low fat sour cream and low fat cheddar cheese and it was very good and very easy to make and to eat.