Recipe by Darlene Summers
I got this recipe from a Sanyo microwave cookbook. It sounds long and hard but really isn't.
- 1 rice pie crust (Rice Pie Crust)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle cheeses over bottom of rice crust.
- In a medium glass bowl combine butter and Green onion.
- Cook on medium in microwave till onion is transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk to butter and onions; cook 3 minutes more or till milk is hot.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, mustard and salt; mix lightly.
- Gradually add hot mixture into egg mixture while beating.
- Pour (CAREFULLY) over cheese in pie crust.
- Crumble french onions over top.
- Cook on high 15 to 17 minutes OR till center is nearly set.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Let set on counter top 10 minutes before serving.