Recipe by *Pixie*
NOT a dessert! This is nice as a lunch or a side dish at a buffet. It can also be made in mini-tart shells as an appetizer...
Top Review by Dug
Very good. I sprinkled some caraway seeds on top - personal preference.
Next time I will mix the egg/cream mixture into the onions as it didn't really penetrate the dish but just sat on top.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon or so of bacon fat from the pan.
- Add the onions and cook until limp and transparent.
- Set aside.
- Beat the eggs until frothy then mix in the sour cream, flour, salt and pepper.
- Beat until well combined.
- Prick the pie shell evenly with a fork.
- Spread the onions evenly over the bottom of the pie shell and sprinkle with the bacon.
- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes or until pie is browned.
- Serve pie hot.