1/1 Photo of Onion Jam
2 hrs 20 mins
Amanda in Adelaide's Note:
I made this one up one day after looking at a couple of similar recipes. We just love this with cold meat and on sandwiches. It is like caramelised onions, only better! A food processor is really handy for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oil in bottom of cold, large saucepan and set on moderate heat.
- 2Add onions and cook until they begin to soften, 30 - 40 minutes.
- 3Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 4Simmer on low heat, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add vinegar and thyme, salt and pepper and cook until onion is caramelised completely and has thickened, approximately 45 minutes.
- 6Cool and store in sterilised jars.
- 7Will keep for several weeks.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Jam
Serving Size: 1 (4009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 133.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g