Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Amount of each ingredient varies according to your personal taste. This is an extremely lenient steak marinade recipe. Requires some work and time, but in the end is well worth it.
- 1⁄2 an onion
- 3 -5 garlic cloves
- rosemary (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (optional, to taste)
- 1 -3 tablespoon Bourbon or 1 -3 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- soya sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large ziploc bag
- 4 steaks, any cut
- ~mince onion and garlic and add to bowl.
- ~cut a strip of lemon or lime zest, mince and add to bowl.
- ~add salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic powder and olive oil to bowl, mix all together.
- ~place steaks in Ziploc bag, flat.
- ~rub 1/2 contents of bowl over steaks, flip bag over, and rub other 1/2 over the other side of steaks.
- ~slice lemon or lime center-wise, and place a few rings on top of steaks, only on one side (unless you like slightly more sour steaks).
- ~pour soya sauce over steaks, flip bag and pour some on other side.
- ~add Teriyaki and Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon or whiskey last.
- ~close bag almost all the way, and then squeeze out trapped air - careful to not let marinade out.
- ~place in fridge, flat, for overnight or even 1-3 days for maximum tenderness, and ever so often squish bag and flip it over.
This is a great marinade. I made it to go with Portobello mushrooms to grill and they turned out delish!! Thanks for sharing.
Really great tasting marinade for steak. I admit, I just added all the ingredients to the ziploc bag and let the steaks sit in the fridge for over a day. I used the lemon, 5 cloves of garlic, 2 sprigs of rosemary, 2 tbsp bourbon, 2 tsp worcestershire sauce and 3 tbsp teriyaki. We had 2 really large steaks and served with roasted potatoes and corn. Fantastic dinner! Made for the Spring 2009 PAC!
vewry tener and jicy. I did grill it. Made and almost didn`t get to taste it! Made 2 fat steaks and my son and DH wanted the whole steaks for themselves. I had to have my DH stop eating so I could get the photo. It was yummy I did sneak a bite. I skipped the salt, 1 teaspoon of worcestershire and teriyaki sauces. Trying to keep the sodium down. I used lime. Thanks. Made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0