Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes an ideal side dish to serve with grilled chicken or fish. Can also be used as a breakfast dish!
- 60 g butter (plus a little extra)
- 4 large thinly sliced onions
- 6 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chili, finely diced (optional)
- Put the butter, garlic, diced chili and onions in a frying pan and fry gently until the onions are a nice golden brown.
- Beat the six eggs well with the salt and pepper.
- Scoop the onions out of the pan and mix with the eggs.
- Melt the extra butter in the pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook on both sides until browned Slice in wedges and serve hot.
Inions - my favourite - combined with eggs. So easy to make, and a side dish (or breakfast) that quick and easy to make. Served this as a side dish to Roast chicken, and ran out very quickly as everyone came back for seconds, then complained when there were no thirds. Ah well, back to the stove for more.
Not amazing but good. I finished mine under the broiler. I like it getting crispy on top. I also included chopped up bagels in the egg mixture.
This was selected for *FUN FOOD FOTO EVENT- "O"* in the Photo Forum. I had Vadilla onions that had been prepared using Crock Pot Caramelized Onions and were in the freezer. They were defrosted overnight and used to make this wonderful frittata for brunch. Served it with grilled sausages and homemade biscuits. The sweet from the onions along with the heat from the chili is a wonderful combination. Definitely a winning recipe.