- Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Scoop out potato.
- Put potato in large bowl and mash.
- Fry chopped bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Fry onions in bacon grease.
- Drain grease.
- Add bacon, onion, and cubed cheddar cheese to the potatoes.
- Add sour cream and milk.
- Mash and mix until smooth.
- Pile into baked potato skins.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top and put back in oven until cheese is melted.
- These can be frozen when put potato mixture into baked potato skins.
Rich and yummy comfort food! I microwaved the potatoes for 12 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scooping the flesh into a large bowl setting the skins aside for filling. I cooked the bacon in the oven using this method Oven Cooked Bacon With Black Pepper and Brown Sugar. Easy clean up! ;) my potatoes were about 1/2 pound each. I used only half the bacon for they were very lean. Drained the fat and used olive oil for the onions which I added 1 fresh garlic clove and a small diced jalapeno. We like it spicy. Thanks for the delish side.