Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple - a meal in itself. Was published in an Indian children's magazine - Gokulam, some years ago.
- Blend together the onion, tomato and garlic in a blender, until smooth.
- Add water to it depending upon how concentrated or dilute you want the soup to be.
- Place the mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add desired amount of cooked noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
A quick and easy healthy soup. We did find it a little lumpy, having blended the ingredients raw so next time would probably bake or saute the onion and tomato and then blend once cooked. This is a great recipe for Weight Watchers, as the only points are from the noodles. I also found that it needed longer to simmer in order to reduce the raw onion flavour.
I've made this twice, and have been very pleased with it both times. I cooked it a little longer than 5 minutes though; if my calculations are correct (and my memory's working properly) I simmered it for fifteen to twenty minutes on fairly low heat while I cleaned the kitchen. This will likely become one of my favorite "quick-fix" recipes! Thanks! :)
Lori, I'm sorry you did not like it. Did you cook it on the stove for long enough? That is what takes away the raw flavour.