Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A grilled side dish/bread that just tasted so fabulous when a friend made it for a party, I just had to get the recipe. You can easily make more or less, and trust me this is delicious!
- 2 whole 5-inch pitas, cut in half (so there is a pocket)
- 4 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Spread 1 T of cream cheese inside each pita half.
- Mix olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Brush olive oil mixture onto outside of pitas. (Make sure to get plenty of salt on there).
- Grill until crispy, warmed through, and should have some grill marks, but the entire outside shouldn't be black (like my first attempt). About 4 minutes per side (let me know if you need more or less time).
I made these using Pita Pocket Bread (Bread Machine) and served the grilled pitas with #229524 for a vegetarian lunch. I prepared these on an indoor grill and they took only minutes. Very easy and crispy treats that would go with so many things. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Reviewed for ZWT 3.
These are so easy and sooo good! With two teenage DD's hovering over me, they were gone in exactly 36 seconds flat. We dipped them in leftover chive and onion cream cheese. Very yummy!!